Saturday 3 May 2014

On The Occasion of the Divine Shankara Jayanti.....

Shankara
O Adi Shankara, expounder of the Vedic ocean of knowledge,
Bless me O Thou!
I shalt be thine disciple, I pledge.
To dart out of this illusion without thee, I don't know how! 

Thy blessings, bestow upon me!
Oh Acharya! Thou is my only will!
Please come here at once, wherever Thou may be!
Oh Shankara! Free me from this world, a peril!

Thou is extremely compassionate,
Thus I behold Thine words of wisdom.
Bless me my Guru, the scion of the wise,a Vedic passionate!
Thou bless me, to attain eternal freedom.

Adi Shankara Bhagavatpada is your divine name!
Thou is the only Guru having 'Ādi' as a prefix.
Thine works are extravagantly of fame!
Oh Guru! Build my mind with divinity's bricks!

'Bhaja Govindam' is what Thou said for a patriarch Grammarian!
The essence of the Universal Truth, Thou conveyed in a mere phrase!
Oh the enlightened one! Save me before I turn a barbarian!
Save me before I forget Thou! Hasten to embrace!

Oh the expounder of Advaita! Thou is my only guidance!
Let the gleaming light of Thine knowledge lighten the dark room of the mind!
I am a faithful student, a student full of diligence!
Enlighten me with Self Truth, Oh the very kind!

Bestow Thine blessings on this soul!
Make me a staunch student of Thee!
Oh Acharya! Let achieving Him be my life's ultimate goal!
Oh Shankara! Save me from this Maya, a filthy sea!

2 comments:

  1. The rhymes are really good c:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Priya :D
    I do sound like a saint don't I? By the way, do you know who is Adi Shankara?

    ReplyDelete