Friday 13 June 2014

Sleep

A torture it is, without it.
No refreshment, not even a bit.
It's the wondrous gateway to another world,
A world that is pearled,
With alluring beauty; to be explicit.

My eyes, all tired, waiting for it to come,
But it keeps them yearning, being sometimes loathsome.
Frabjously at last, it leaps in,
To take me in a journey, away from my kith and kin,
To enthrall me and with goosebumps on my skin.

Gently stroking my eyes, we take-off,
To a destination nowhere, only which God knows of.
I enjoy the journey, cruising through the unreal, 
Forgetting everything, making everything surreal.
Having a time, gleaming like the pearl!

We land on the stars of dreams,
And the clouds caressing my cheeks as it seems.
The skies open to the vast heavens,
The sun they cause hindrance!
The universe fearing the oblivion.

My eyes open to see the world,
I realize that into dreams I was hurled.
Gaining the odious consciousness of yearning
Those stars which were just pretending,
Their existence and I, longing for them, deeply burning!

No comments:

Post a Comment