Wednesday 26 February 2014

A night in Italy!

It was a chilling night in Italy. The Santa Maria Grazie church was overflowing with people, gasping at the glimpse of the stupendous and the divine painting of Leornado Da Vinci, 'The Last Supper'. Some people suddenly had epiphanies about the quotations in the Bible, on the the last supper of Jesus Christ and his 12 apostles. People were just awestruck and were exclaiming in joy and could feel the divinity that filled in the room. But, unfortunately, the visitors had to leave as the church had to close for the day. It was already 9:30pm! The priests hastily entered and they were accompanied by historians and archaeologists. They were very esteemed personnel. They had come to examine the antique mural. They had a paper in their hands, a freshly discovered manual of all the works of Da Vinci and his style. The font was Italian. The ebullience could be seen on the historians' and the archaeologists' face and indeed, it was very exciting. The priests too were ebullient. In fact, the whole of Italy and the Christian faith was ebullient because the last supper of Jesus Christ and his apostles was thought to be a key to the mysterious lock of the secrets of Christ - whether he himself was God, or whether he was just a prophet! It was a very peculiar gesture of Christ holding his fingers in a very mystical way, yet proclaiming divinity. The question running in people's mind that night was to question Christ's divinity and to find out who exactly he was! I too was a visitor that day. Unlike the Grand Mosque, the church was open to people of all faiths. I too was very excited. Though the beliefs of Christianity and mine did not tune in to the same frequency, that day, I did observe divinity in that vast hall. I guess even a Hindu priest would forget his superstitions and sense the divinity filled in the air. After all, God is one! The historians were busy examining the 30 feet mural, punctiliously observing it. They spent a lot of time, staring at Christ's fingers and noting down something, God knows what! But they too were astounded by the sense of divinity they felt by looking at the detailings of the divine painting of Christ. My luck and my fate, both were at their zenith that day. I too could observe the painting/mural in such a detail, since my uncle was the head incharge of the project. Again, my skepticism vanished and I was greatly indulged in admiring the mural. The historians started scraping the mural, bottom of Christ's feet, to test it. Unknowingly but fortunately, one of the historians, probably either out of devoutness or inquisitiveness, touched Christ's fingers. Suddenly, one of the side walls just led way to a path. A dark and black one, it was! I was not a bit haunted by this because we were in front of God! Slowly as the room was bathed by the dim yellow light, we could see a vaze. The first thought that came to my mind was, "Hey! It could be the Holy Challis". The Holy Challis was that divine sherry cup which was used by Christ himself to savour wine, in the last supper. The room was telling a deep story. Paintings were hung of Christ's crucifixion. His divinity was filled in the room, but still, solitude could be observed. We all took small steps, slowly and steadily and entered the room. The historians first admired the paintings and then went on to the vaze. My guess was wrong! It was not the Holy Challis! In fact, it was not at all a cup! It was something like a flask, but the top end was open. It had a manuscript inside. It too was in Italian. The historians carefully interpreted the letter. Meanwhile, the archaeologists were busy examining the vaze. The vaze was very beautiful. It was made of solid gold with diamonds studded on it's handles. A ruby stone was stuck to the gold in the most beautiful manner. Emeralds were pasted all along the ruby. Again, infant Jesus with his mother Mary were engraved on the vaze. It was a priceless artifact! "Holy Lord!", exclaimed one of the historians, with a baffled look on his face. He said loudly, "Oh people of the Christian faith! We have found the answer! We have at last got the location of Christ's grave! This also glorifies the Bible's facts which state that Christ did not die on the cross! He was rescued by....", he stopped. This put me into sheer tension."How can this be?" he said, "How can Mary Magdalene be Jesus's savior?". But I didn't find anything that serious in what he said! Probably because I didn't know much about Christ and Christianity. I was pretty happy that I witnessed such an event. Historians were buzzing around, the media interviewing each one of them about this huge discovery. My uncle, since he was the head, had to prepare papers for this discovery and present a copy to the Vatican church and the Government of Italy, for further investigation. I was filled with ecstasy, my heart beat not in control! It was such a nice day! Right away, my uncle booked the tickets to London. We had to meet the Archbishop of Canterbury, giving him the intricate details about our quest to unlock Christ's secrets! I was in full zeal! I couldn't wait to dig more deeper in to the hidden facts of history! God! That day was the best!
We went home and I prayed to God. I requested him to make this quest successful so that my uncle's painstaking research work would bring him the right fame and happiness! I was waiting for the sun to rise and dawn to arrive......

No comments:

Post a Comment