Saturday 22 February 2014

Ambitions and aspirations in life....

Ambitions and aspirations are the pathways which lead one to success. It's pointless studying, if one doesn't have aspirations in life. I have a lot of them. They are mind boggling ones, actually. Astrophysics attracted me the most. I went on and on reading books on various scientists, their ingenious theories and their prodigious creativity. The first time my mind slipped into astrophysics was when I saw the Hindi movie, "Swades". It was really so inspiring, that the day I saw this movie, I had visualized my future of being an astrophysicist in NASA. It was stupendous. But then as time leaped, I became more and more open to thoughts and then, NASA dropped out from my mind. "Why NASA? Why can't I start my own lab or work under somebody to acquire experience and then flourish on my own?" These were the thoughts which struck me. But then, I knew it that if my kite had to fly high till the heavens, the string of experience had to be woven with the wings of knowledge. I did strive a lot that time. Suddenly, as time passed, philosophy attracted me. Though I didn't change my passion, I started reading a lot of philosophical books of mainly the Hindu religion. This took me way ahead. It was like a new birth for the creativity of my mind. I sore in thoughts about God, always questioning myself about who exactly the Creator was, why do we need Him, so on and so forth. My God! It was so embarrassing for me to read philosophy in front of my friends and relatives. They ridiculed me to the core. It was so intense that I acquired the fear of turning into a 'Sanyasi' or a sage, settling in the Himalayas, totally abstract! That reduced the soft spot in my heart for philosophy, into just a dot. But yes, I never left it. Again, as time passed, I became more and more confident about my dream as my grades were pretty decent. In the past few days, I was bonded to literature. I discovered my love for literature when I first went to watch a play in Ranga Shankara ,a splendid theater. It was based on William Shakespeare's (I love saying his name!)"King Lear", called "Nothing Like Lear". That day, I fell in love with theater. I couldn't resist to sit again in the theater to watch another play. Indeed, I did! It was called "Nine Parts of Desire". Hard work, research and talent all combined to formulate, an hour and a quarter play. It was magnificent. Really really exulting, I must say. After all these, I am here right now, amidst a battle - a battle between my heart and my mind, both fighting to tell me what exactly I should choose - literature or astrophysics or (Oh Lord!) philosophy! Hopefully my heart will win. I shall choose astrophysics because the passion for it is in my blood. But destiny never tells you what it has planned for you. So does your fate. It's so confusing, I mean, choosing between careers is quite a heavy job! The whole of your life depends on that one decision you take. It's so tough! I am really clueless! But anyways, it's just a momentary thought. Hopefully, I'll get over with it. So, indeed ambitions are very important in life. Ambitions makes a person focused and more steady to give his/her best, to achieve the set goals.
Fate and destiny, decide who you are!

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting blog Ashrith and I am proud of you. I am pleasantly surprised to read your blog and more so with the topics you have chosen to share your thoughts on. This blog took me back in time – to the time when I was growing up in Hospet. The dilemma around what should I grow up to be, was very much there – albeit, at a much lesser intensity than what you are all going through today. We had less exposure while growing up and hence our conundrum was limited. As a kid, I wanted to be professional cricketer, and not because of money or fame that has become synonymous with cricket today, but because of the passion I had for the sport. I guess today I, could say with certainty that, I am happy and content with what I am doing now. All I can say is to pursue your passion, follow your instincts and dream big. While you’re trying to figure out what you want to be, enjoy the process of arriving at that decision. One should enjoy the journey and not the destination. You have intellect and you’re smart – I am positive you will make the right decision. In the mean while, keep writing blogs and poems !!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chikkappa! This means a lot to me. I believe that my destiny will sway me to my career and hopefully, it'll be what I like. I love astrophysics as well as literature a lot. But I think the true passion I have is for Astrophysics because I was introduced to it at a very young age. My passion towards it, is continuing till date and actually, it's enhancing every day. So, time is the ultimate decision maker here. Let's see what awaits me in the future! However, I've got many supporters like you who support me mentally and I am really glad about it!
      And again, thank you so very much Chikkappa!

      Delete